Working Together to Face the Future With Hope
To directly face and respond to the causes and impact of poverty on our communities by building relationships and working together to meet immediate needs, designing and implementing new programs so we can all face the future with hope.
To collect resources in the form of material goods, so that they can be systematically and efficiently redistributed in an effort to serve our members, our outreach programs, and the larger community.
The Community Resource Bank started in 2011 with the purpose of providing assistance to the needy in our own congregation and in Tulsa. After establishing our own Food Pantry at the church, our next project was a diaper drive for Tulsa’s Emergency Infant Services; over 7,000 diapers were donated by All Souls’ members. During the summer of 2012 the CRB also had a socks and underwear drive for Tulsa Youth Services and a khaki pants drive for the children at our three partner school.
Currently, the CRB is distributing groceries to families facing serious food shortages at Jackson Elementary School, McLain 7th Grade Academy, and Gilcrease Elementary School.
Why Is There a Need for this Program?
- 1 in 4 children in Oklahoma goes to bed hungry each night
- Oklahoma ranks 5th in the nation for food insecurity
- 84% of students in the Tulsa Public School System qualifies for free/reduced lunches
- 19% of Tulsa's total population lives in poverty according to the US Census Bureau. In many areas of North Tulsa, the poverty rate is from 25% to 50% and above 50% in some areas.
- Tulsa emergency food programs report an overwhelming increase in the number of needy people coming to them for assistance.
If you are in need of assistance, please apply here.
EAT AND ADVOCATE: MONTHLY DINNER
We want to meet you!
Join us to eat and fellowship every 4th Wednesday of the month from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m in the Alliance Room. For more information, please contact Glenda Huckabay at 918-633-2120.
JACKSON FAMILY DINNERS
The Jackson Family Dinners program is a partnership between Iron Gate, PIE (Partners in Education) and Community Resource Bank. Every 3rd Tuesday of the month, volunteers come together to serve dinner, bag and distribute groceries to Jackson Elementary families-in-need.
How Can You Help?
- Pack groceries for delivery to the school
- Serve food once each month at the family dinner
- Distribute grocery bags to families who attend the dinner
- Sponsor A Family
Fact: Approximately 19% of Tulsans live in severe poverty.
For less than a $1 per day, you can give a significant gift of groceries to a family having difficulty feeding their children. Your gift of $25.00 per month is multiplied twofold because the groceries are purchased through the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma. Collaborating with the Food Bank makes it possible for us to double your money. The need in Tulsa is great, even if it is often invisible to most of us.
To be a sponsor, please call Glenda Huckabay at 918-633-2120