For Sunday, October 29, 2017
Dear All Souls Family and Friends,
It’s going to be a weird but fabulous Sunday!
Here’s what’s new and different:
- Entering through the foyer. The CRE and West Channing Entrance will not be open on Sunday, so families will need to enter through the main foyer.
- All families are asked to attend the intergenerational Dia de los Muertos 10’clock service. This service will be very child-friendly! Please bring a memento or photograph to put on the altar during the service.
- Childcare is available for pre-k and younger during the 10 o’clock service. You may check in at theFamily Room station.
- Check-in in the foyer. We will have a children’s and youth check-in station set up in the foyer, so that you can check your children into programming if they are staying after the Dia de los Muertos service.
- Regular children’s and youth programs follow the 10 o’clock service.
- Lunch and Intergenerational Pansy Planting in the Memorial Garden. On Sunday,1:00-3:00 pm, join us for a soup lunch ($3/$5) and help us make the Memorial Garden beautiful for the fall. Come ready to dig in the dirt and plant a flower for a loved one. We'll have spades, trowels and gloves on hand.
- Our Halloween Party takes place Monday, October 30. We will be setting up on Sunday, October 29 starting at 1:30, so if you are sans kids we would welcome your help in setting up for the party.
- Kindergarten following the 10 o’clock service, the kindergarteners will gather in the Chapel to practice the service they will lead next Sunday at 11:30.
- 7th and 8th grade youth group meets this Sunday, 1:00-2:30 pm, for lunch and to set up their haunted house for the party on Monday. If at all possible, have your middle schoolers to the church by 5:0 pm on Monday for pizza before the scaring commences.
- 10:00-11:00: Intergenerational Dia de los Muertos service in the Sanctuary
- 11:00-11:30: Pansy planting and Chapel rehearsal
o Kindergarten meets in the Chapel to rehearse for the Chapel they will present on Nov. 5.
o 1st through 4th grade meet on the North playground to plant pansies
o 5th through 8th grade meet at the CRE entrance to plant pansies.
o 9th through 12th grade will meet in the Sponge Room
- 11:30-noon: Snack and Social Time on the West playground. 5th and 6th grade OWL and 7th and 8th grade Haunted House preppers may proceed to their classes.
- Spiritual Expressions in Creativity, noon to 1:00 p.m. for children and youth in Kindergarten through 8th grades. Please look over the list and think of a first and second choice as these classes do have size limits and are on a first come, first served basis.
o Yoga Games and Poses (all ages)
o Lego Freestyle (all ages)
o Visual Arts (all ages)
o Haunted House Planning & Prep (grades 7 and 8) (begins at 11:30 a.m.)
o Ceramics (grades 3-8)
o Dungeons, Dragons and Divinity (grades 4-6)
o OWL for pre-registered 5th and 6th graders (OWL begins at 11:30 a.m.)
- 1:00 p.m. pick up time. Children are brought to the Family Room to await pick up at 1:00 p.m.
See you in church!