21st Century Church Weekend
A Weekend For Leaders:
Reimagining the Culture and Future of Unitarian Universalism
Registration is open for Virtual Members and Out-of-State Friends of All Souls!
Experience All Souls' first national conference and the Love & Light Gala!
• Mingle with diverse Tulsans and UU’s from across the country • Attend workshops with our talented and experienced staff • Spend quality time with our ministers • Participate in our three theological and musically diverse services.
Friday, October 13:
Saturday, October 14:
Select from engaging break-out sessions!
• All Souls + 1921 Race Massacre History Tour | All Souls Unitarian Church in Tulsa is the story of people bearing the light of religious freedom in a city that is known for religious orthodoxy. Experience our captivating tour through downtown Tulsa interweaving the history of All Souls Church and the 1921 Race Massacre, concluding with our path to Building a 21st Century Church.
• 21st Century Choirs | Our seven choirs are intergenerational, intercultural, and interfaith, bringing inspiring and diverse music to our congregation. Join our esteemed Director of Music and Executive Director of Worship for an All Souls Choir experience, including singing with our choirs in worship on Sunday.
• Racial Identity Caucus Groups: SHĀDZ & REWIRE | Experience All Souls’ programs on racial identity. SHADZ is a racial identity group for people of color which equips participants with tools to effectively challenge racism and develop allies across racial lines. REWIRE is a racial identity group for white people to unlearn racism. Participants explore racial identity formation and learn how to be effective allies for racial justice.
• Doctors of Change: Effective Church Management | Like physicians, church leaders need to know what the problem is to manage it successfully. In order to make an accurate diagnosis, leaders will learn how to determine where your church is in its lifecycle, whether a problem is normal or abnormal, and what kind of treatment will be most successful.
• Spiritually-Centered Caregiving | Learn about our Pastoral Care program, with a foundation of spiritually- centered caregiving. Currently, our Pastoral Care Program has seven teams that are committed to serving our members and friends as they navigate life's passages, challenges, and transitions. This includes SpiritSong, where members offer the gift of song and spirit at the bedside of the dying.
• Small Group Ministry: Soulful Circles | Sample our small group ministry where groups explore spiritual themes and invest time in one’s own spiritual growth in a circle of mutual trust and respect.
• Building a 21st Century Church: Dinner and panel discussion with All Souls Staff and Ministers (Everyone in attendance)
Sunday, October 15:
• Breakfast with All Souls Ministers
• Virtual Member and Visitor Recognition
• Choir Performances
• Traditional Service
• Contemporary Service
• Humanist Hour
ALL REGISTRATION LEVELS INCLUDE:
Ticket to Love & Light Gala ($100), Saturday lunch, snacks, and Panel Discussion dinner, and Sunday breakfast
Member/Virtual Member: $210 early registration before September 1, $250 after September 1
Non-Member: $250 early registration before September 1, $300 after September 1
Parties of 5 or more receive the 5th registration for $100
Parties of 10 or more receive one free registration
Parties of 12 or more receive 10% discount
Weekend Childcare available during events and sessions: $65 per child
Registration fees do not include lodging or transportation.
Discount rate of $89/night available at the Hyatt Regency Tulsa, where the Love & Light Gala will take place the evening of Friday October 13.
Reserve your room(s) here or contact the Hyatt directly to make your reservation by calling (918)234-1234 and ask for the Love & Light Gala rate.
For questions or more information, contact Alison Olig, Executive Director of Stewardship at firstname.lastname@example.org.